About The Program
The “Sell With Us” program was built out of a need for collaboration within the vintage college clothing market. Often we have found that really cool clothing goes unnoticed online and sits in your closets for decades. In order to create a win-win situation for suppliers and retailers, we created a program that enables you to have your clothing featured and sold on our website.
How It Works
This program was created for experienced vintage sellers, individuals interested in starting a vintage clothing side hustle, and individuals interested in cleaning out their closet. The steps below outline how to get started:
Create an account in our seller portal here.
If you already have an account, you can log in here.
- Once in the seller portal, please fill out all information in the “Profile” tab.
- Once you have filled out all required information, please book a time for a seller tutorial by emailing email@example.com or review our tutorials and the bottom of this page.
- After you have been approved as a seller you may upload inventory. You can upload inventory by connecting your Instagram account or camera roll.
- Once inventory is uploaded, we will email you a prepaid label and schedule a pick up to your requested location.
- One your inventory is received, we will have it professionally photographed and create online listings within one week.
- Once your article of clothing sells, we will then pay you out based on your seller tier.
What We Do
Over the past 4 years we have become experts of getting one-of-one articles of clothing online quickly. We have included our process for getting vintage clothing online below.
- Inspect - all clothing is inspected for quality and assigned a price point.
- Photograph - each article of clothing is professionally photographed for it’s online listing
- List - each article of clothing is assigned attributes, given product descriptions and listed on our website.
- Ship - once your article of clothing sells, we pack it up and ship it out.
- Payout - based on your seller tier we pay you out within 24 hours of your article selling.
We categorize sellers based on three tiers of involvement. Please review the seller tiers below and let us know which tier you are interested in.
- Power Seller
- Power Sellers are those who are most experienced in the vintage community and are required to ship 30 articles of clothing to us per month.
- Power Sellers must fill out all requested product data when uploading a product.
- Power Sellers avoid processing fees and are rewarded with higher commissions and at home shipment pick ups.
- Standard Sellers are those interested in starting a vintage clothing side hustle.
- Standard Sellers must ship 20 articles of clothing to In With The Old per month.
- Standard Sellers are required to fill out some product data when uploading a product.
- Standard Sellers have lower processing fees and are rewarded with above average commissions.
- Lite Sellers are those who are interested in cleaning out their closet and making some cash while doing it.
- Lite Sellers are only required to create a title for each article you upload.
- Lite Sellers are not required to ship a certain number of clothing to us.
- Lite Sellers are rewarded with average commissions.
*We often find that Power Sellers already have their own Depop, Ebay or online stores. If you are selling with us and an article of clothing sells on one of your channels, we charge 0% commission. We will only bill you for the shipping costs.
The best part about selling with us is that you only pay when your product sells. As a seller you can determine what you would like to get for each article of clothing. Your pay out will be determined by which seller tier you would like to participate in.
Power Sellers make 60% off every product sold and are not charged any processing fees when a product sells.
Standard Sellers make 50% of every product sold and are charged a $1 processing fee when an article of clothing sells.
Lite Sellers make 40% of every product sold and are charged a $3 processing fee for when an article of clothing sells.
*Please note that processing fees account for the time it takes us to inspect, photograph, list and ship products.
Here at In With The Old we pride ourselves in high quality vintage collegiate apparel. When uploading inventory, please consider the quality of the garment and how it rates on our clothing condition standards. Before uploading inventory, please surf around our website and see the type of apparel we typically accept.